TL;DR – Everything you need to know, summarised for you daily at 5pm.
1) Former President S R Nathan suffers stroke[media-credit name=”Source” link=”http://www.todayonline.com/sites/default/files/styles/photo_gallery_image_lightbox/public/21657097.PNG?itok=6QEZbsjN” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″][/media-credit]
It happened this morning and is in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit at Singapore General Hospital.
Get well soon, Sir.
2) Shisha ban to take effect today[media-credit name=”Source” link=”http://assets.irinnews.org/s3fs-public/images/200912071408040032.jpg” align=”aligncenter” width=”900″][/media-credit]
This includes sales and import of shisha via the publication of the Prohibited Tobacco Regulations made under Section 15 of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act.
3) Skydiver first to jump 25,000 feet without a parachute
Luke Aikins, 42, has made history by becoming the first person to jump 25,000 feet without a parachute.
4) If you have been following the recent spat of NUS events…
You might want to also know this.
5) Heaven over hospital: 5-year-old Julianna Snow dies on her terms
Warning: Be prepared to cry. Tons.
Julianna Snow, the 5-year-old girl who sparked an international conversation about wrenchingly difficult decisions for terminally ill children, has passed away.
And then there was this his painful conversation between Julianna and her mother Dr. Michelle Moon,
(Cover image via)